Thursday, October 18, 2012

BOGO Babies!

After my 12 week appointment on Tuesday, we went to talk to the billing department at my doctor's office to talk about how expensive babies are and how the heck are we going to pay for them. It was a very encouraging and uplifting meeting.

See, the way I figured, one big fat pregnancy, one big fat delivery, one big fat bill. Right? It makes sense, doesn't it? Well, no. Turns out the first baby is regular price and the second baby is discounted. So, it's like buy one get one half off. They're Payless babies.

Okay, so it's still not as bad as it could be, because we have much better insurance than we did last time. They might both still be about the same amount we paid for Katie. But we'll see. It just kind of was funny to me.

In other news, Zofran is not the completely miracle drug I hoped it would be. Okay, so, yeah, it kind of is. I really only puke about three times a week, instead of every half hour. But the lamest part? I can't eat anything remotely delicious or I throw up a lot. This includes but is not limited to lasagna, pizza, spaghetti, and lemonade. So, basically, anything acidic or tomato-ey, which is unfortunate, because if you're my friend you know how I am about tomatoes. Oh man.

Also, Katie has inherited my love of tomatoes, and gobbles them down quite ravenously whenever they get within arm's reach. And I just have to look on in envy. Hmph.

All in all, though, things are going well. I can't walk too much or lift anything or really be useful to anybody or I start getting all hurty and, frequently, dizzy. Which makes me do ridiculous things like wobble like an old woman. It's freaked Mike and my mom out a little bit. But it's cool.

The big news right now, though, is the Boise Temple open house. That's right, OPEN HOUSE! It's totally available to the public for tours. You should probably make a reservation here or just go. Go to the temple. I can promise it will be an experience you will never forget.

In a similar vein, Mike's youth in our ward made a video advertising the temple open house and put it online. It's a little bit silly. But mostly awesome. They're pretty cool kids. I think Mike should have been in the video, though.

We're taking Katie to the temple tonight because Mike's sister and her family are coming to see us (hi, Amy!) and we're all going to go together. I hope Katie doesn't wreak any havoc. Oh man, that could be bad. Hopefully she'll like it and we'll be safe.

Be excellent to each other!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Enjoy the open house. My parents and I went to the original open house of the Boise Temple. I told Mom we should go again. But she declined. Enjoy Amy and family also!! So glad that you are doing as well as can be expected with your babies. Tell Mike and Katie Hi for me!! :) Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Thats good news on the cost! I'm sure you have the cutest little old woman walk ever.Stay well! Luv you bunches! Mom M PS You left out the amazing part about you and your dad playing at the open house. Wish we could've come listen to you! I'm sure you did wonderful!!!

Anonymous said...

I mean Whiting! Opps!