Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bed Rest! Woo! Also, some bragging about my children.

Being on bed rest is SO MUCH FUN. I can't even handle it. Pretty much all I ever do is sit on the couch with my little bed rest station, which consists of snacks, water, phone, sudoku book, Tums, computer, and, occasionally, healthy food. Yeah, it's a good time.

But to lighten the mood, I need to have a bragging moment about my children. Because they deserve some bragging and I totally get to do it sometimes.

Let's begin with my firstborn.

Do you know how awesome my Katie is? Pretty much the most awesome that is available. For one thing, you know how most toddlers, even when they say words, usually need their moms to translate? Well, when I put quotes up from Katie on this blog or on facebook, I'm writing it down exactly as she articulates it. She conjugates her verbs. For example, the other day Mike asked what she wanted for dinner, and she said, "I want a peanut butter sammich, but Mommy wants some noodleys." (For the record, I had indeed mentioned noodleys.) Did you notice the 's' on "wants"? That's how cool she is.

Also, she is quite into dancing time. Whenever she's watching a movie, as soon as the credits come on, she declares it to be dancing time and pulls everyone else out of their seat to dance with her. (It is quite distressing that I am no longer able to comply with the rules of dancing time.) Dancing time also includes the radio at Grandma's house, whenever somebody is playing her little xylophone, and the rock beat on my keyboard. Speaking of, I'm pretty sure she knows how to turn on various songs and rhythms on my keyboard better than I do. But whenever it's dancing time, you better believe that the little hippie-wiggles are something to be admired.

Also, she has taken to galloping everywhere. Not walking, not running, galloping like a horse. Also, she likes to jump. Quite a bit. She has always liked jumping, but I attribute her increase in spring-like activity to her liking for the Pixar short, "Boundin'," in which a jackalope teaches a depressed lamb how to "bound." We watch it almost as often as we watch Monsters, Inc. (which is a lot. Like, 7 or 8 times a week).

Here are some action shots of last . . . Friday? Monday? It was, amazingly, slightly warm outside. The sun was shining and I had some reason to stand up long enough to wear makeup and get off the couch (maybe a doctor appointment . . .). And when Grandma came over to help get Katie dressed for us to leave the house, Katie decided that pants were unnecessary. Instead, she wore every little ballerina skirt she could find in her drawer, with the biggest, twirliest one on top. She then proceeded to think she didn't need a sweater. And when we were coming back home in the afternoon, she didn't really need one that badly.




Yeah, I'm all huge and stuff. It's cool. I've come to terms with it.

Speaking of, let's move on to my boys, shall we?

When I went into my appointment on Wednesday, my doctor walked into the room, saw my rather impressive belly, and said, "wow, girl." I'm serious. That's how huge I am. And remember last time how they were big for their age? Well, they still are. Besides being so extremely active and both being breach again, they are too large and crowded for decent ultrasound pictures. So don't expect any more cute ones like the face you saw last time.

I said something about "I'd rather be extremely huge and uncomfortable than have skinny preemie babies," to which my doctor looked at me quite seriously and said, "oh, they won't be skinny." I have big fat babies. And you're all jealous.

Now I just have to stay pregnant.

Monday I'll be 33 weeks, which is kind of a big accomplishment. I'm supposed to make it to at least 35 weeks, but we want to get longer. And since I'm doing so good, I might get there. But oh boy, am I ready to be done with this. Don't worry, I'm not going to sit here and whine, but oh boy.

Also, I have my next appointment on Wednesday, but after that I'm heading in twice a week for non-stress tests until I'm no longer pregnant. If it weren't so uncomfortable-sounding, I'd just set up a tent and air mattress in the waiting room at my doctor's office to save gas. But that would hurt really bad.

So I'll just sit on my couch and not have much to say and Katie will take turns going out with Grandma and her friends.

And maybe sometime I'll eventually brush my teeth. (I'm totally kidding, I brush my teeth . . . most of the time.)

Happy March everybody! Next step: have Mike dig out my Easter decor and have Katie color some pictures of eggs to go on the windows instead of snowflakes. Yes, that is what we are doing for family home evening on Monday.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hooray for big, happy boys! Katie is so funny! Don't forget to share about how much she gushes with love over her dad when we bring her home. You are amazing, Brittany!

Anonymous said...

Love Katie's cute little piggy tails!!! I agree with your mom, You are amzing Brittany! Growing two babies takes an amazing woman!
Happy Couch Sitting! Hugs, MomM PS Happy Birthday Mike!!! Hope everyone is feeling better!