Friday, January 17, 2014

Three is the Magic Number

My baby is three years old. I'm only having a little bit of a panic attack. No big deal.

In other news, we've had quite a week of partying. Tuesday was Katie's actual birthday, right? So, of course she wanted a cake then. And not just any cake.


That's right. Belle cake. I'm so cool. Every time I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, anything at all, she said BIRTHDAY CAKE. Well, there you are. Oh, and spaghetti and meatballs. Or, as she calls it, noodles and sauce.

That's not to say she didn't get all happy crazy when she discovered that her grandmas loved to spoil her rotten (because you both do). She spent the rest of the evening making pancakes on the little plastic dishes that I gave her and serving them to her Rapunzel dolly (courtesty of Grammy). And then she'd hold Rapunzel's bottom up to her nose and say, "Oh, you have stinky buns! We'd better change you!"

THEN, after we got boys to sleep and we were skyping my mom, all of a sudden here comes Daddy with another cool present. Ya know, maybe, a bike. Courtesy of Grandma.

Please note that we let her go back and forth in the house that night (on account of HOLY COW IT'S RIDICULOUSLY COLD OUTSIDE ALWAYS). And then I promised her that we'd ride her bike another day during the brothers' afternoon nap. And Wednesday and Thursday I was doing things during the boys' nap. More on this later.

Then, this morning was her party. That's right, party. Well, really I just invited her friends over and set them all loose on the house and then got to spend time with their moms. It's all cool. But with a happy little twist on account of the weather was back below zero today, we had a beach party. And I didn't take enough pictures. But I did get the fish cupcake-cake.



Naturally, the curly straws became drumsticks. Also, those kids are so cute together. I love them.

As soon as the party was over, she'd had some more noodles and sauce for lunch, and the boys went down, she cashed in.




We finally went inside, after much coercion on my part, when she looked up at me and said, "My face is turning red." Yeah, no kidding kid.

And now, because it's 11pm, and my brain is mostly shut off, here's just a cute little tribute to my adorable baby girl. 







 She's pretty much the cutest thing ever.


Happy birthday, beautiful lady. Slow down. You're breaking my heart.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Now you know how I feel. I love you both!

Anonymous said...

The whole post was MAGIC! MomM