Tuesday, February 18, 2014

The New Girl in Town

Hey guys. So, it seems that PepperJohn is no longer Katie's alter ego. He was her imaginary friend for a while, but things are getting a little weirder. Enter Baby Loogy.

So, the other night, Katie was pretending to be a baby, so I held her that way and was joking to Mike that we had a new baby.

Me: What should we name her?
Katie: I'm a new baby!
Mike: How about . . . (channeling my dad) . . . Rabobaluga?
Katie: Bobaluga?
Me: We could call you Loogy for short. *Really mature giggling*
Katie: I'm Baby Loogy!
Mike: Um, Katie, do you know what a Loogy is?

And now she's Baby Loogy all the time. ALL the time.

As for her imaginary friend, it's getting a little creepy. She calls him Jack, as in Jack and the Beanstalk, but she acts like he's really there. For example, she came downstairs today and said, "Can me and Jack have a snack?"

Me: Oh, you brought Jack with you?
Katie: Yeah, he's right there. *Points to a spot on the floor*
Me: Right where?
Katie: Right there! *Points quite vigorously* Don't you want a snack?
Me: . . .
Katie: See? He says yes!

I'm getting a little weirded out. I think Jack's a creeper.

In other news, here are some random things Katie has said to me.

"Don't get up, Mom. You were like a big, giant whale!"

*Stroking my hair* "You are my beautiful, I love you so much, don't snitch the popcorn! You are my beautiful . . ."

Before things get any more creepy, let's just put up a whole bunch of pictures, shall we?

This is the normal state of my children.

Joshy the heartbreaker

Using up leftover frosting :)

Peter: What? Are you taking pictures? *CHOMP CHOMP*


Peter Lashes

During Katie's allotted computer time


Joshy's ready for his close-up

Can you see his cape? It's shiny.

Hey all you Blairs - This is my son. He's related to you.

Peter's coming for me.


Joshy got chocolate Cheerios

Happy Valentine's! (Pre-baked)

And . . . baked. Or half-baked.


Strawberry cheesecake with oreo crust. You know you're jealous.
So, that's the last couple of weeks. AND, guess what?!?!?!?! It was like 40 degrees today!!!!! Sorry, I just remembered that and got a little bit excited. Maybe we'll be able to go outside without getting immediate frostbite! There is light at the end of the tunnel. Crossing my fingers.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Okay, I love, love, love your blog posts, but they are killing me. I laugh and fall in love with the kids every time and in every picture, but then I always burst into tears! The kids are getting worried that maybe I shouldn't read your blog. sheesh. It is like drugs. I need it but it hurts and makes me happy at the same time. I love you guys! You are amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

adorable, love you