Thursday, January 15, 2009

Aaah! I cut Mike's hair last night!!!


We had about $150 in gift cards to Bed, Bath and Beyond, so last night we went over there to see what we needed, so we got ourselves a candle warmer, a full-size ironing board (yay!) and a hair clippers set. So after we got home and had dinner, Michael's like, "you could cut my hair."
Disclaimer: I have seen my mother cut everybody's hair many many times, but I have only done it a very minimal number of times myself. I was totally nervous. Admittedly, he had a TON of hair and really needed a haircut, and had complete and total confidence in me. But I was still nervous.
So I pull out the clippers, and unwrap the plastic, and get his hair all wet...and I cut his hair. And he doesn't look like he's been through a fight with a rabid raccoon. He looks good. Holy Cow! Now he's all excited..."think of how much money we're going to save!" Yeah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That is how I got roped into the hair cutting business. Then you can learn on your children before they are big enough to know if you goof up. Every once in a while you need to get yourself a professional haircut so you can watch how they do it. Good Job! Mike looks as handsome as always!

Unknown said...

Can I just say I totally recognize those walls from Nicole and Jake's apartment. Awwww, home sweet home. I'm just waiting for you to give me your number so I can call you because, hello, I miss you!