Monday, April 26, 2010

This is going to be a very long summer.

I've been here since eight this morning. And my boss is out of town. So when professors aren't bringing me projects, I sit here wondering why the heck the office isn't closed between semesters.
Classes start tomorrow. They might possibly be the worst ever. Or I could luck out and they could be the best ever. But I doubt they'll hit middle ground. Want to know why? They are: ELANG 325, English Grammar; and English 451, Critical Traditions of Theory. Seriously, Britt. What were you thinking? Theory and Grammar without anything fun? Come on.
That's okay. It'll be better than full time at the office. At least I'll have something to break up my day and keep my attention span at its optimal capacity (which . . . isn't very high).
So, today Mike applied for a job as a receptionist at a family practice within the hospital where he already volunteers. I think it would be ultra cool if he got to work there. He's ultra good with kids and ultra good at medicine, so what better mix? I think he'd be an amazing pediatrician, but he thinks that would be too sad. Oh well. I would rather he be happy. But this job will be cool if he gets it.
Also, the MCAT is in one month. Four weeks. Mike took a practice test from the people who actually make the MCAT for the first time this weekend and got a bit discouraged, but I think he's got time. Pray for him, will you?
I don't know what else to tell you other than that I'm really bored. Oh yeah! So, I totally made a green satin dress during finals week (I mean, I was studying the WHOLE time!!) Yeah. Well, it's a really pretty dress, and it actually looks good, which surprised me. I was totally expecting to bungle it all up. I guess low expectations make happy surprises, right?
So, I just realized something today. One year from now, I will have graduated from BYU, as will have Mike. And I don't think you can really major in Medical School. So our blog title will be a bit outdated. Any ideas for what we should rename it? Let's make this a contest! Your prize for winning will be . . . . a warm, fuzzy feeling! And maybe credit for giving us the cool name. We'll see.

2 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

I don't know that you need to change the name -- he'll still be majoring in (needing to be a) genius at medical school. ;) If I ever think of anything cute I'll let you know. I'm sure you'll come up with something awesome anyway! By the way, now I need to see a picture of you in your pretty new dress! :)

Mom W said...

AARRRHHHGGHHGHGH. I wish i had a clever name. I am totally distracted!!!! I am sure you will think of something...

I love you!!!!!