Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Today my boss met Katie.

My boss bought a new serger today that is specifically (and only) for T-shirt hems. Like, it does the whole thing. Super nifty. Anyways, she was telling me that she got it because her husband went and bought a handgun that he really wanted (and he's definitely not the kind of guy to actually go out and get something that he wants), so she had an excuse to get something she wanted.
So, naturally, I compared it to Mike getting his super-fancy ultra deluxe racquetball racquet, and how it justified my getting a bunch of satin and lace to make Katie's blessing dress.
When I said that, Ruth said, "Who's Katie?" I pointed to my belly.
"Oh," she said, brightening. "Hi, Katie!"

I have an awesome boss.

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

Cute story -- I hope you put that one in Katie's baby book!

Mom W said...

and you are probably thinking, "where in the world is that shiny organza Mom said she got for me?" call me and remind me to go to the post office. sheesh!
(what does edroodzh mean, i wonder?)

Anonymous said...

What a sweet story! Thanks for sharing! We can't hardly wait to meet Katie too! Hugs Mom M