Friday, February 25, 2011

My baby could eat yours for lunch!

Okay, not really. But only because she's not really into that whole "solid foods" thing.

When we went to church on Sunday, everyone was like "whoa, she's so tiny!" And compared to all of their babies, yeah, she is. But their babies are mostly boys and are all, like, six months bigger than her.

I'm talking compared to her birth weight. Kid's a tank compared to the dainty little 7 lbs, 14 oz she was when I met her. Also? FIVE INCHES LONGER. Maybe her daddy's tall-and-skinny-ness will save her from being short and round like her mom. (Don't try to deny it. I've got "curves." I can deal with that. :)

In other news, I have almost NOTHING to blog about. My class was even canceled this week. Which means that when we have class next Tuesday, I will have not been to class for two weeks. Who does that? Only a project class. And I don't have a full schedule like the rest of my class. I stay at home with my six-week-old daughter, who's not quite up to peekaboo level yet. Mostly she just giggles while I'm changing her diaper or suckering her nose, then when she's hungry she pulls the baby bird quickly followed by soprano accompaniment (fortissimo, by the way. Ain't no dulce piano music around this house).

It's nearly 4 pm and I just barely put on some makeup. It's like the 1950s all over again. I spend all day in my pajamas with the baby, then manage to shower and put on my pearls before Mike gets home. (Okay, I give. I don't get as far as the pearls. A hairbrush and some mascara happen on a good day. But still, most people shower in the morning, or sometimes leave their house.)

We've also discussed actually getting the swing from my parents' basement. Unproductivity has driven me batty and Katie doesn't do well just on the floor. The problem: for the next three weeks we have obligations every Sunday, and can't get up to Boise. Drat. I'll have to entertain the baby myself. Let's just hope I can get to the dishes before we have to just pour our cereal directly on the table and eat it like puppies. (ps- mom, we still have your hat. If we ever do manage to come visit, make sure you tell me to pack it.)

I wasn't kidding. I don't have anything else to say. Besides, Katie's gonna wake up soon, and then she'll be hungry, which will mean that I have to feed her and won't be able to do anything else. Maybe I should just sit on the floor and watch my toenails grow.

4 comments:

The Frederick Family said...

your blog makes me laugh. i love it.

Cynthia said...

I love you so much you silly girl!!! i so remember those days! Sheesh!!! I will find a way to get that swing to you. I even threw the seat cover in the wash for you and cleaned all the hardware.
Please keep your toenails trimmed. long toenails are so gross.
If I could get down there to wash your dishes, you know I would!
Love you tons!!!
Mom

Sarah Lita said...

Sometimes in biology when we have to go into descriptive details about ebola, I think I would rather sit on the floor and watch my toenails grow. So...at least you don't have to do that. XD

Anonymous said...

Ahhh but so much nicer than a month and a half ago watching you tummy getting bigger and bigger and no Katie to cuddle ;-) MomM