Monday, February 7, 2011

Something happened on the way to the Macey's . . .

This weekend, while all the family was in town, I got a couple of opportunities to go out on errands or lunch or whatever while Mike or some aunties watched Katie. On one such outing, I was with my mom and my youngest brother, Sam, who's 5. Please note that I sat in the back seat with Sam so he wouldn't be alone.

On the way to the store, we passed the hospital where Katie was born, and I pointed it out to him.

Sam: That's where Katie was born? And you were there?
Me: Yep, I was there.
Sam: And you were giving birth?
Me: . . . yes . . .
Sam: When you're getting the baby out of your stomach, that's giving birth. And only people's wives can give birth.
Me: . . .
Sam: Boys can't do it.
Me: That's right. Only girls can.
Sam: Right. Only people's wives.

Another funny quote that I happen to like, and which I hear rather frequently:

Mike (from Katie's changing table): Whoa! Katie, what have you been eating?!?!?

Hehehe. She's really good at blowing out her diaper when it's daddy's turn. Buaha.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Did you notice that he firmly understands that babies need their parents to be married and one of each? It makes me so sad to have to spell that out, but so proud that Sam gets it.
Hope he didn't catch you too off guard with that conversation. I think he is still trying to grasp the fact that his big sister is a mommy. Hannah just acts like his mommy but didn't "give birth."