Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Here it goes, here it goes again!

Hmm. Maybe I should keep using song lyrics as post titles. Would that make me more popular? I think so.

Well, we've begun again. As of 7:30 this morning, we are currently undergoing the process of medical school applications again. Except this time, we know (kind of) what we're doing. So it's going to work this time. Mostly because a lot of schools do rolling admissions and Mike didn't get everything in until like September last year. And this time he submitted the instant he was allowed to. It's kind of like staying up until midnight to register for classes. OH WAIT: I NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT AGAIN! BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Ahem. Sorry. Must have just slipped out.

Anyhow, this time we decided to follow the spirit and how much chance Mike has of getting in instead of by weather patterns. Last year it was, "No, I'm allergic to the South" or, "I WILL NOT live in hurricaneville!" Yeah, can you tell where I didn't want to live? No offense to any southerners who may or may not read my blog. :)

In other news, Mike is a normal person again, Hannah graduated from high school, and we're going to drive for a lot of hours tomorrow. First to Portland and then on to Seattle! and humidity. Yippie. I love the people there, just not the . . . gross . . . misty . . . grossness.

I don't know who's sadder for us to be leaving, grandma or the tres tios favoritos. Those guys are so cute with how much they love the Katie. I mean, how many fourteen-year-old guys want to spend their free time hanging out with their 4-month-old niece? Seriously. And James is constantly following me around asking if it's his turn to hold her yet. Luckily, she's old enough that she's started having separation anxiety and requires her mommy sometimes.

I've decided that before I die, I will be good at the guitar like Parker is. And maybe the ukulele like Sarah and Emma. And then I will be able to sing Ingrid Michaelson's "You and I" and be really cool. But perhaps I should re-pick up the cello first. Good idea? I think so. Wow, that paragraph was random and out of place. I'm sorry, guys.

There are too many pictures that I want to put up to include them here. If you're not on facebook, send me an email or something and I'll give you the link to get to the most recent photo album. Happy June!

1 comment:

BOIBRIGGS said...

Brittany, I always enjoy your entries on the rare times I look at facebook or blogs but I'm laughing today....all this time I thought "majoring in genius" was you majoring in how to mother genius children. Good Luck with all the meds school stuff. South isn't all bad. My cousin loved their medical stay in the south!