Thursday, August 25, 2011

Don't Worry, Be Happy!

I shall now proceed to redeem myself by writing only happy and silly things. (I mean, seriously, that last post was so whiny. I'd be amazed if any of you come back after that. Prolly nobody's reading this because I drove you all away with my inconsiderate whiny-ness.) I'll even sprinkle some pictures periodically to make it better.

First of all, let me warn you. If you intend to invite us over to your house (though I don't know why you would invite me over when you're in danger of being whined at to death), you will need to batten down the hatches, as it were. Lock up your valuables. Hide your kids and wives. No, I was kidding about that last one. But they'll probably be drooled on.

Yep, you guessed it. The Katie has now become mobile. And teething. Yes, also teething. She scoots about the house on her bum (almost crawling but still just scooting), leaving wet objects that she has gnawed on in her wake.


My mom is gonna need to fix her cabinet locks and such.


Also, I have decided that one of the contributors to my whiny-ness is my rather lack of . . . um, health. So I started working out more frequently in the mornings. I lie on the floor looking ridiculous doing ab workouts while Katie sits in her crib laughing at me. Yes, she laughs at me. She seems to think that my meager attempt at muscles is funny. Silly child. I'm not the one with elbow dimples.

Another, ironically, has been the long stretch since I have made real-live, actual cupcakes. I made some "cupcakes" that were more like brownie bites last week, but that doesn't count. Also, they were not cute. Not at all. I didn't even pipe the frosting. Heck, I didn't even spread the frosting. Just dumped a chunk on with a knife. And it wasn't really frosting.

So I have decided to make some s'more cupcakes (hehe, get it?). So much that I have even dreamt about making them. Oh, boy, they were tasty in the dream world. They gonna be SO good in real life. Mmmmm mmmmm. (The picture is of some banana split cupcakes I made a while ago. They were definitely scrumptious.)


Right now Katie is wearing a green jumper with big white polka dots and she kinda looks like a Mario Brothers' mushroom. If Sam jumps on her, he'd get thirty points. I better not tell him.






5 comments:

Mike said...

I love how Katie looks like she's posing for all of those pictures. I'm pretty sure she was just wiggling and the pictures just happened to turn out great. I love it when that happens. :)

Chelsea said...

Wow, she is sure growing up since the last time I saw her! I love how she laughs at you! My sisters used to do that to me when I did ab workouts, only they were 14! Ha! Well keep working at it! :)

Sarah Lita said...

First of all, I think you might need to let Katie be a baby model because she'd make bank!
Second of all, that last post wasn't the most whiny thing of all time...I mean it could have been worse. And even if it were, you made up for it with the incredibly cute baby pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful little Katie w us! I also really enjoyed seeing her beautiful momma in the background! We all have whiny days, and happy days, life is a mix! You are sweet to share your life! Hope you can keep up with Katie and cupcakes! Hugs Mom M

Anonymous said...

I think the lap top is the cutest! Auntie Tess