Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Three steps, Two teeth, One supersonic-speed Autumn!

Do you guys realize that it's already Thanksgiving? And therefore almost wintertime? What the bananas?

Anyhow, happy November all you happy blog-followers! (I know that I posted in November already, but really, that was about Halloween. SO not the same thing.)

We have a few big items of business to share.

Number one: Katie has officially taken her first steps. It happened a couple weeks ago that she took two steps in the kitchen by herself (Abuelo-->Mommy) but besides that, she's been pretending like she's gonna walk and then proceeded to fall with style. It's really not the same thing.

But this last weekend, she started again, and took not one, not two, but THREE steps (Tio Parker-->Mommy) meaning that it's only a matter of seconds before she starts kindergarten, graduates high school, and then starts moving away and being a grown-up! (sniff, sniff)

Yeah, I'm freaking out a little bit right now.

Our next item of business is that this little booger baby of mine has also broken out TWO of her teeth in the last week. The two front bottom teeth, to be exact. It has been SO MUCH FUN. : \

Translation: the whole time she was teething she would NOT sleep in her bed, mommy. No way. So I spent the whole last week sitting in the rocking chair, waking up every time my head fell over uncomfortably because she would only sleep if I was holding her. So she was plenty rested. Me? Well, ask my brothers how many times I burst into hysterical tears because somebody was tapping their feet or something. Yeah.

And because I've been at the end of my rope, I've been letting her sleep in my bed. Translation: I'm never going to be able to sleep in my bed nice and comfortable EVER AGAIN. Yeah. I can't even teach her how to sleep properly because she's in our room. Slightly inconvenient at times.

On the good side, Mike has a job, we're not starving to death, and we sure as heck don't have any debt. We really have a lot to be thankful for. Want to hear a preliminary list?

The Savior, the temple, families, scriptures, prayer, family home evening, the earth, chocolate, diapers, toothpaste, dentists, the internet, spinach, cupcakes, boots, hats, scarves, sweaters, blogs, doctors, nurses, blankets, cribs, baby monitors, enchiladas, steak, pie, digital cameras, pianos, cellos, iPods, cellular telephones, cars, bikes, education, contact lenses, mascara, debit cards, deodorant, mattresses, Christmas, turkey, indoor plumbing, baby wipes, running water, gas stoves, sprinkles, oreos, m&ms, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington, grapes, airplanes, hairspray, shampoo, missionaries, staplers, jeans, slippers, the Red Sox, Disney, lasagna, Alexandre Dumas, printers, publishers, General Conference, ballet . . .

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

I like your thankful list. Very well rounded! :)

Crystal said...

I love how Chocolate made the top 10!! :) Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!