Monday, November 7, 2011

Bo Peep has found her sheep! or, Boy is Katie a party animal!

Yes, this is the post you've all been waiting for. Unfortunately, Katie just woke up. Hold on a while.

Okay! It is now three days later and my mom has agreed to distract Katie long enough for me to actually finish this blog. (So don't feel bad if the date says last Friday and you think you just forgot to check my blog. Because you didn't.) (Except I just discovered that it does say it's Monday. The new blogger is smarter than the last one.)

Happy a week after Halloween!!! This has been probably the best week we've had in a lot of months. Here's why.

FIRST - While we were hangin' with Amy and Jared, Mike got an email from our secret inside source at St. Luke's saying that there was going to be a job opening and that she had given her supervisor Mike's resume. The Thursday before Halloween, he had an interview. They really liked him and he thought all of his answers were good. Then, last Friday (the day I began this post even though it's Monday now) Mike got a voicemail from St. Luke's HR. Today he called them back because they didn't answer on Friday, and he's been hired!!!!! He gets to go in on Wednesday to kill some trees and get a physical and a drug test, and he starts NEXT MONDAY!!! WE HAVE A JOB!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

SECOND - As many of you know, one of the reasons we still live with my parents is that shortly after coming to Boise, and right after we got off BYU's fantastic insurance, my dear husband got appendicitis and incurred a LOT of hospital bills. We paid off all the little ones, but it kind of wiped us out, so we had nothing left for the big fat hospital bill that made up most of our expenses. In our desperation, we applied for financial aid from the hospital, not expecting anything because we clicked 'no' on the "did you apply for medicaid?" question.

Then, the Saturday before Halloween, we got a letter telling us that we qualified for financial aid and that the hospital was waiving ALL of our debt. (!!!!!!!!!!!) We are out of debt. It almost feels surreal. I would put more capital letters and exclamation points but I don't think there are enough in my computer to express this adequately.

THIRD - well, frankly, it was Halloween. What could be better?













Happy Halloween! Hope you had as much of a sugar buzz hangover as we had!

4 comments:

Carson said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! That is AMAZING news!! I'm so happy for you guys!!! That will be such a huge relief! We miss you!! Katie is so big!

Crystal said...

Congratulations!! I am so happy for you and Mike and Katie!! She is the cutest little puppy I've ever seen!!! I love the costumes!! Tell Mike Congrats for us!! We love you!!

Aunt Crystal

Chelsea said...

So exciting about the job! Congratulations! Yay yay yay! And I love your costumes!

Anonymous said...

Good things come to those who wait, and wait, and wait! Luv you, MomM PS Looks like your Halloween ROCKED!!!