Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post devoted entirely to Katie.

Because I was such a selfish mama last time and only wrote about myself. And let's face it, no one wants to hear about me. You're all just waiting for the sequel to "What does a cow say?" Admit it. (But in case you've read this far, here's my third article: Making friends for your toddler (and some for you too!).) (And stay tuned because I plan to write two more this week.)

But I'm no fool. I'm not just going to give you a video without any kind of payment. So you'll just have to keep reading. Buaha.

This morning, while I was not paying attention, Katie got a hold of my phone and proceeded to push buttons. It used to be that I could put it on camera and she would be stuck there because I have a tricky "back" button. That is no longer the case. I didn't even know she had my phone in this particular instance, so that wouldn't have mattered anyhow. The next thing I knew, someone was talking out of my phone. He hung up before I realized it and took the phone, but it seems that Katie just needed to talk to her grandpa. (I don't know what she told you, Jeff, but they're lies. All lies.) (Also, I would have said hello too if I'd known you were actually there.)

Anyhow, there goes my ability to use my cell phone as an entertainment device. She's gotten too smart for me.

In other news, the battle between Katie and I as to my proper title continues. This morning, she started pointing to me and saying "Mama! Mama!" completely unbidden. I got rather excited. ("Yay Katie! That's right! I'm Mama!") Then, it became apparent that she was not actually pointing to me, but to the bananas behind me. It seems I was slightly more successful in my campaign to teach her to call them "nanas." She then proceeded to continue calling me "Dada." I think I'm getting a complex.

Now for the statistics: according to the official bathroom scale (also featured in the Brittany's Weight Loss program) Katie still only weighs 17 1/2 lbs. She measures approx. 29" in height (note: measurement was taken in motion. I don't actually know how tall she is). She has 6 almost completely grown-out teeth and several large white bumps on her gums. She enjoys grapes, blueberries, and peanut butter and jelly, and would really like to enjoy things like chocolate and oranges but is not allowed (for various reasons including but not limited to her capacity for sugar hyperness and her tendency toward red fire-bottom). When I let her choose her own outfit she pulls out her lime green dress with white polka dots and a pink butterfly, and her zebra-gum-striped pants. Any questions?

Okay fine. You read through my post. Here's a video. (It doesn't really have animal sounds, but it's still pretty darn cute.)

[Note: there used to be an attempted video here. It didn't work. I can't get it to load properly, nor can I get it to load on an entirely new post. My sincerest apologies. I promise I'll figure it out and you will see some of Katie's antics. Or maybe call me and I'll give you a play-by-play of the video. Your choice.]

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video won't play. :-( I'm sure Katie was adorable though! Happy writing! MomM

Anonymous said...

Please fix the video...we are dying to see it!! She was great fun at James' birthday party. Thanks for coming.

Sarah Lita said...

I'm thoroughly disappointed that the video won't play...Maybe you should just post it on Facebook.

Britt said...

I can't get it to! I've tried uploading different videos, putting them in a new post, etc. It's not working! I might just have to come to all your houses and show it to you myself.