Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ready to Learn, to Get Some Knowledge!

Mike just called me after finishing his second day of classes.  (Not that he's coming home yet, because studying on campus is definitely the place to be.) Do you know how weird that is? My husband is a med student.

And because he was starting school yesterday, I decided there were some traditions we needed to uphold.

Katie was supposed to be smiling, but there was a bug on the step.


Yeah, I know. We're the coolest people ever. (And I did NOT eat the rest of the blue frosting that was in the piping bag. It was obviously an elf or something . . .)

The only thing I'm going to say that's negative is that Peter cut his first tooth yesterday. Great for him, pretty uncomfortable for me. And he and Josh are both drooling like maniacs.

But for the rest of this post, we're going to be talking about the road trip we took to get here (and quite a substantial road trip it was).

In fact, I'm not really going to talk. Except for captions.

Oh wait! Story first. Remember this post back in February, when I had a double baby shower with my friend Valerie, who was expecting twin girls? Well . . . we may have set our kids up on a date.

Josh, Jemma, Peter, Gia
When we first put them all on the blanket, Josh was totally asleep, so Jemma tried to go for Peter instead. Unfortunately, Gia was already chewing on him. And Peter was totally lovin' it. ("Yeah, girls! Right on!")

We decided the date should be over when Gia started getting fresh and grabbing Peter's knee.

Okay, now for road trip pictures.

I meant to take a picture of every state sign we passed, but . . . it was always nighttime or a raging thunderstorm. But here's when we left Idaho!

"Look at me! I'm gonna go touch the butte!" -- Sarah, my very wise and mature sister



We did not plan this at a random stop in Wyoming.

"Mom! I saw a giant naked head at the pharmacy!" -- Katie



Katie cared more about dirt than lunch.


Peter has been gaining weight recently.

It's in Nebraska, in case you need a cool place to go.




In case you need one.

This is apparently the Iowa border. I didn't see any real signs . . .

I found Hobbiton. It's in Iowa.




This is really what our trip looked like. Millions of these things. (Also, this picture is not edited. Muahaha.)



This was a big deal.


Everyone did their part!

A ceremonial picture of the last box to leave the truck . . .

A trip to the city was mostly sitting in traffic and getting lost, but still cool. 

This is the whole reason Sarah came to Chicago.





That last picture requires more than a caption. See, I had an appointment set for Thursday night to turn our gas meter on. When we knew we weren't going to be there until Friday, I called the gas company, but their next available appointment was for Monday morning. So for church on Sunday, most of us got cold showers (and boy was I awake!) Katie, however, got a sink tubby full of microwaved water (I also have a gas stove). Fairly sure she was the only one who enjoyed her bathing experience.

Well, so far we love it here. We have an awesome ward, we have already had a playdate (with a Katie-aged girl and her little twin siblings!), and we have directions to weekly "park day" with the other moms and little kids in the ward. I think we're going to have fun here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU SOO MUCH FOR SHARING YOUR MOVE!!! IT MEANT SOO MUCH TO GET TO SEE BITS AND PIECES OF IT!!! BRITTANY YOU ARE SOO AMAZING!!! LUV YOU EACH SOO MUCH!!!
FROM YOUR IN A SOO MUCH MOOD MOMM