Monday, September 9, 2013

And . . . we're back!

Hey guys. Sorry it's been so long. We've had a cuh-raaaazy week. But I gave my talk in church yesterday and that was the last check mark on my list of large stressful things to do, so we're all good now.

To begin, I will now announce that next week is going to be a picture post. Because it's been forever since I've done any serious photography and I need to post some adorable pictures online. Maybe it will (finally) be a photo tour of my (potentially) clean and decorated new house. Maybe I'll do a 5-month photo shoot of the boys (because they look totally different than they did at 6 weeks). Or maybe I'll go totally nuts and do both. You never know.

But now, time for the sticky note. (Which I think is going to be a real sticky note again after this. The notebook is just too inconvenient.)

Katie: *Bonk* Oh no! Now my bone is brooken! (or occasionally braken)

Me: *Playing "When Can I See You Again" by Owl City*
Katie: Is this the song from the Felix movie?
Me: Yeah . . .
Katie: Oh! I totally love this song! *Hippie wiggles ensue*
 (Note: She hasn't seen Wreck-it Ralph in several months. But she remembered that this song is in the end credits. What?)

Katie: *pointing to her ankle* Look! I have a cute malleolus!

Me: Please bless the food . . .
Katie: No, Mom! You don't help big kids say their prayers. We already had a talk about this!

Katie: *pointing to various parts of her body* These are my middle bones, and these are my hard bones, and these are my malleoluses, and these are my poops!

Katie: *Lying flat on her stomach* I'm a dead bug.

Katie: When I was your age . . . or, when I was a baby, I was still in Mommy's tummy. When I came out, I was Jesus's friend now!

Yesterday, after church, we were "racing" to the kitchen to eat lunch (aka trying to get Katie to come upstairs from the garage) and then Mike pretended to eat "all the lunch" just to tease her. Then she said, "No, I'm going to eat all the lunch!" So she went into the corner and started eating the wall. So, naturally, she and Mike started pretending to be bats and chasing me around the house. When they cornered me, Mike suggested that they tickle me. Alas, Katie was already licking my skirt.

And finally, I think I have an OCD girl on my hands. This has happened several times over the last week. Katie walks into the family room, which has blankets, toys, burp clothes, and stories on the floor, and then she throws her hands in the air and says exhasperatedly, "I just cleaned up this room! You ruined my family room!" She then proceeds to push all the blankets into the corner (she hasn't quite mastered folding), put all the books on the shelf, put the baby toys in their bucket, put the wipes on the shelf with the diapers, and push all the burpies into a pile under the swing. She even puts movies back where they go and puts her toys next to the stairs to go back up to her room.

She's two and a half. This is the best day of my life.

In other news, Katie is on her way to being totally potty trained. For the last month or so, she's been in big girl underwear all day and a pull-up at night (she's still not good at it and I'm just not into doing her sheets every single night). And she's been doing really well. But for the whole month, she would NOT poop in the potty. She would hold it all day and then wait for her pull-up. I even tried holding chocolate in front of her face, but it didn't work. So, naturally, we turned to My Little Pony.

Last week, finally, she did it! And she got a little Pinkie Pie (I know in my previous post I said Rainbow Dash, but she changed her mind when we got to the store.) But here's the next step. I only let her get a little bitty one. She wants a big one. The big one is waiting for a whole week without having an accident. And you know what? She went three days. (Yeah, so she had an accident this afternoon. But she's working on it.) She knows she wants seven green check marks on my calendar. We're almost there!

Also, she is starting preschool this week. (AAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! MY BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!) But it's going to be totally cool. We're doing it with three other kids from her nursery who are almost the same age as her (I think they're all within a couple of months). And it's going to be AWESOME.

Um, I think I need to go make sure those noises from the family room are ticklish giggles and not the sounds of being strangled by an older sister. See you next week! (And maybe you'll see me!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish we could've been there to hear your talk! Katie and her aunt Tess would get along great on the clean thing!!! LOVE hearing about your life! You are totally awesome!!! Big Hugs, MomM