Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Armpit muscles and other such nonsense.

There has been a significant amount of discussion in this house related to armpit muscles. Agreed, most of it is to do with Mike's being tested furiously on all the muscles, nerves, arteries, bones, and knobbly "tuberosities" on the bones located in the armpit. But there's more.

Brittany: Are you almost done going potty so you can go to bed?
Katie: Nope! Hey Mommy, we have muscles to squeeze out our poops. See my muscles? My muscles are in my armpits.

Yep, that's Katie. Here's some more.

Mike: Hey Katie, is the refrigerator running?
Katie: No, there's our refrigerator right there!

Katie (Playing blocks): Look, sweetheart, I made you a present because it's your birthday!
Me: Oh really? How old am I?
Katie: Um . . . 32!

Mike: *Explaining all kinds of anatomy stuff of which I have no inkling*
Katie: That makes me sick!

Me: What do you do when you want something?
Katie: Um . . . do surgery?

And now, we're going to compare the personalities of my man children.

First, let's talk about their reactions when it's the other brother's turn for a bite of sweet potatoes.

Peter gets excited.

Joshy gets anxiety.

Next, let's talk about how they treat each other when I put them on the floor together.

This is what it's really like having a twin brother. (Hey Val, how ya doing?)
Next, let's talk (for real) about my silly boys. Also, remember that one picture up there of Peter in his seat waiting for his next bite of sweet potatoes? Well, I didn't make a video, but if I had, what you would hear is manic laughter. Like, manic. It's hilarious.

Also, when they're both done eating, and I'm burping them, Joshy gets a little bit sad and wants to snuggle. Peter, no matter how I'm holding him, wants to see. He takes, like, forever to fall asleep because he keeps fighting off every attempt to snuggle. Even when he's got enormous bags under his eyes. Little booger. But in all fairness, his fighting off sleep is not crying. He's blowing bubbles and giggling. I tend to think of him as more a free spirit while Josh is my snuggly boy. Yeah.

Last boy thing: whenever I stick the boys on the floor there are toys on the floor next to them. And occasionally, if they get upset, I will shake a toy over their faces to distract them. Now, you have to understand that there is a universally accepted toy that is the coolest (it's the jingly ball with grabby things on it, in case you're wondering). Say, perchance, one of them gets a hold of the universally accepted coolest toy. Naturally, the other one wants it. Here's how they react.

Peter: GAAAAAAHHHHHH! Give me that toy! (Manic hyperventilation) I want it! *Grab grab face pull ear grab snatch scratch grab grab* TOOOOYYYYY!!!!!!!

Josh: Oh Pete! That's a strange place to put a piano . . . *Sneakily grab the toy from behind my back and Peter is totally distracted the other direction*

This has happened. Multiple times.

Now, some commentary from me. I have begun official pumpkin season. I have made pumpkin cookies, pumpkin spice white hot chocolate (BAHAHAHAHAH! YES!!!!) and tomorrow will probably be pumpkin bread. I love fall. Fall is my favorite food. Also, it all has pumpkin in it, which is technically a vegetable . . . so . . . eating pumpkin cookies and pumpkin bread is practically like having a serving of vegetables. Yep, totally legit. We're sticking with it.

Speaking of food, here are a few pictures of food I have made recently just to make you feel all jealous and hungry. Buaha.

Yes. I made this. With a broiling pan! *giggle giggle*

These are the non-drug version of cocaine.

Rich chocolate cupcakes with raspberry cream cheese frosting. MMMMMMMMMm *drool drool*
Oh man. I think I need some more baked goods in my life. Bring on the pumpkin bread!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You alwasy make me smile and this time gave me an urge to go be adventuresome with pumpkin in my kitchen!MomM