Thursday, November 7, 2013

I had good intentions. Honest.

So, this one time (today) I made some cupcakes. Mostly because I was going nuts not having baked anything exciting recently. But I also had the thought cross my mind that we had new neighbors move in a week or two ago next door, and we still hadn't met them, what with all the Halloween hullabaloo and then getting sick. So I thought perhaps we could take them some cupcakes. I even got all excited and made green frosting with red sprinkles. (What? I'm ready! Christmas all year long!)

Then, when I've got the frosting made and the cupcakes made and I'm ready to decorate, Katie brings her chair over, leans over everything, and says, "What are you making? Cupcakes? I love cup- achoooo!!!!"

Yep, I guess we're not giving these cupcakes to anybody.

We've spent the whole week with runny noses and boogers and coughs and vomiting (but just because of the boogers) and lots of not wanting to do anything but pile on Mommy, who has also been sick and doesn't particularly want anyone jumping on her ribs right now, thank you. Gack.

So I don't have anything particularly interesting to say except that I'm grateful for tissues with lotion and aloe. And also Vick's baby rub and humidifiers and booger suckers. And also Mike not having some of his classes this week because it's the end of the quarter so he could come home.

I will tell you that I've been thinking of doing a secret project. Top secret. And I might be able to do it in the next two or three weeks. But I'm not sure if you'll like it. It's a top secret experiment project. Katie will help me.

Hope you have a good Novem- achooo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you!!! EEK, No fun & and thank heavens for tissues and cuddles with mommy even when she feels awful too. Bless you again! MomM

Cynthia said...

Love you!!! I remember all the times snuggling my mom made me feel better. I always love snuggling the kids...even now when they put my legs to sleep sitting on my lap.