Saturday, November 2, 2013

Party Week!!!

Hey everybody. Yes, I perhaps took slightly longer to write this one. But I had to get my life together first. And by "life" I mean pictures.

Firstly, and most importantly, this was a big week in baseball history. Want to know why? Because we watched the World Series. In which the RED SOX WON AT FENWAY PARK!!!!!! YAY!!!!!

Anecdote: My parents don't pay for any television at all, but Mike and I have rabbit ears in a big city, so we at least get Fox. So Game 1, my dad texts me in a panic, "Could you Skype the game?!?!"


Yeah, I really am that cool. But it just meant that we got to watch all the games because we "had" to Skype them, and during commercial breaks I got to talk to my family. And when Uehara was about to throw the last pitch of game 6, I heard my dad frantically trying to get his hat and #18 jersey (which he picked the "Damon" letters off of after 'ole Johnny defected to the dark side) so that he and James and Sarah could go run screaming into the cul-de-sac in victory. It was awesome. Peter was still awake (which has now resulted in Operation Bedtime) so I was holding him, and when I started to jump up and down, he thought it was hilarious. I totally am, by the way. You know, hilarious.

Okay, fine, Mom. Now I'll post Halloween. Here are some pictures of when Katie's Rainbow Dash costume first got here in the mail (before I added the "cutie mark"). Note: there are very few good, front-view pictures of her because Rainbow Dash does not hold still very often.



And now, just Halloween.


I had to tuck her tail into her pants so it didn't get wet.

If Rainbow Dash were a human, I'm sure she'd wear bright pink "puddle jumpers."


Trick-or-treating with her buddy Ironman.


Oh, it's a jolly holiday with you!

I have now decided to wear bright red lipstick with everything.
Yeah, it was pretty great. It had been raining all day, but it stopped (miraculously) for a couple of hours for Katie & Co to go trick-or-treating. We (of course) didn't get to bed on time, but we did initiate Operation Bedtime. (YAY!)

So, if you know me, I'm not a "training" kind of a mom. I never have a strict schedule, and I'm probably not enough of a helicopter parent when Katie's on the playground. But the last couple of weeks, the boys have been taking turns refusing to sleep until after midnight. (Not cool, Robert Frost!)

Nowadays, when it's time for sleeping, we make sure the boys are fed and changed, sing them some "I am a Child of God", then lay them in their bed, kiss them goodnight, and walk out the door. And twice they've cried for about 15 minutes, but every other time (naps and bedtime) they've just gone to sleep. This decision has officially saved the sanity of the whole family.

And now, to finish, here is a picture of what happened when I stuck the boys on a blanket (shown) next to me while making dinner. We now have the gate up on the stairs at all times.


Happy (late) Halloween! I hope you all got a good sugar buzz!

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love your thing 1 and thing 2 costumes! And Brian and I were Bert and Mary Poppins 2 years ago! Sweet!

Anonymous said...

That was awesome. We are still smiling over the picture of skyping the game for your dad! LOVED the family pictures of course!!! You and Mike make an awesome Bert and Mary Poppins!! Adorable little Katie Dash! and Thing 1 & 2 Rock! Soo much for staying on a blanket. Oh my you must be soo busy chasing and loving little ones and each other! ENJOY!!! Mom M

Anonymous said...

Just sitting here on a raining day checking for a new blog. LOL