Monday, March 31, 2014

We're About Four Months Behind. And Unashamed.

Remember that one time how as soon as Frozen came out, everyone went all ga-ga about the song "Let it Go"? And now everyone is super tired of it and wants everyone to just let it go? (See what I did there?)

Well, we never saw it in the theaters. And because I'm a huge fan of real actual Disney movies and I knew I was going to love it, I just went out and bought it the day it came out. And Katie and I both instantly fell in love with it. And we might be obsessing. Just a little bit.

For one thing, my mom gave me the soundtrack. For another, Katie has watched the movie about eight times in the two weeks we've had it. For a third thing, any time we're doing anything, anything at all, we're singing songs from the movie. I'll be sitting there, changing boy diapers, and Katie will come over and say, "Hey Mom! Can we sing the "window is open, so's that door" song?" And so it begins. We don't usually stop until we've gone through the entire soundtrack.

And even when we're not being a big family Broadway production, Katie is constantly singing the songs. If she's in the bathroom, she's singing "Love is an Open Door." If she's not, she's marching regally around the house with a blanket over her shoulders singing "Let it Go" at the top of her lungs. Mom, I know you're going to reference a certain little redhead singing "Part of Your World" at that age, so I will do it for you. I think I know who's daughter Katie is.



That's how amazing my daughter is.

As for the boys, well, I have some news. It's terrifying, adorable, ridiculous, and spectacular. Peter . . . has taken THREE STEPS IN A ROW. Pray for me, everyone.

Tears upon leaving the park today.

The hooligans are always trying to escape!

Peter the flirt. I'm not kidding. He's a flirt.

"Here, Mom. Let me take a selfie."

Captain Hook

Peter Pan

"Mom? Is that the outside? Can we try it, Mom?"

And there you have it. I live in a mad house. But at least there's light at the end of the tunnel. There will be sunshine someday.

No comments: