Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Piece: Part IV

Okay, I succumb. :) Here's the next part.

“You don’t even know what love is,” Matthew growled. “You just wanted your pretty little girl to come whenever you called. You just wanted my sister for a booty call. You don’t even deserve to say her name.” As he spoke, the young man hung his head, ran his hand through his tangled hair.

“Listen, Matthew, I don’t care how much you hate me.” As his voice got louder, he began to stand up straight, to look Matthew square in the eyes. “I don’t care that you never approved, or that you think so little of me as to expect me to want something like that from Elisabeth. All I care about is that I loved her. I still love her. And I came here to say goodbye to her, the same as you have.” Matthew reached in to quell his anger, but knew that he couldn’t restrain himself. He took a menacing step forward, and opened his mouth to threaten the man, when he heard a gunshot.

It had come from the parking lot. He stared blankly, taking a few steps in that direction, then remembered what had been happening. He turned back to the headstone, but the dark young man was gone. Trying to push it out of his mind, he turned and ran to the parking lot.

He ran straight to Ethan’s car, where the man sat in his front seat breathing heavily, his chest oozing with blood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa. There's lots of dying-ness. Anyway, with the dialogue, I'd make sure that you knew the voice of the charaters so that they wouldn't be saying something they wouldn't naturally be saying. Does that even make sense. I don't know the characters well enough, but I'm just saying that for future reference. How old are they anyway? I'm guessing they're somewhere in their twenties... Anyway, I can't handle these little bits and pieces...it's killing me! But it's a good kind of killing. Ya...