Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Creative Writing Field Trip

I'm sitting in my writing class right now, and we're discussing the space station. It was supposed to fly over the Provo sky between 6:50 and 6:54 tonight, so we decided to leave class at 6:47 to go see it fly over us.
So we ran from the second basement floor (the very bottom) up to the fourth floor to go up to the balcony so there would be less distraction, but then the doors to the balcony were locked. So we went down to the square in front of the building.
And saw several planes, but no space station.
Turns out, it was overcast tonight. And when we looked online to see if we could have seen it, we saw that it had passed seven minutes previous to that time, yet was already over California. It was too fast. Oh well.

PS-I've given up on my other story. I'm terribly sorry to you all, especially Amy Briggs, but I'm no longer in love with that plot line. Turns out, I really didn't know what I was talking about and kind of lost the will to force it to keep going. Besides, you try taking three English classes and a foreign language while working 19 hours a week and trying to plan a wedding and keep your sanity all at once. I dare you. :)

No comments: