Thursday, June 11, 2009

I forgot to mention:

That film was a short adaptation of the last section ("The Brother") from Thomas Wolfe's short story/novella entitled "The Lost Boy." It's a fabulous story. Very deep. It inspired my brother Parker (who stars as the surface interpretation of the lost boy himself) to say, "so, what's the point of this story exactly?"
ACTUALLY, my interpretation of the story is based on section where Eugene (Mike) is going back to find his own memories of his older brother Grover (Parker) who died when Eugene was four (Sammy). The POINT, my dear Parker, is that Eugene's childhood was lost when Grover died, because the happiness and ambition of everyone else in the family died along with him, and in remembering his brother, he is fulfilling his own lost childhood. It's about time--constantly passing--and what we do with it when we have it.
That's what I tried to do with my limited means and rather embarrassed actors. I hope it worked.

2 comments:

Mom said...

oh, and you are a very talented film maker! I love the choice of music and your fading with the flashback. The brothers really did look perfect. that was so fun.

Keep smiling. You are both awesome and Heavenly FAther is looking over you and all that happens to you. love you tons!!

Aunt Jennifer said...

It was fantastic and I loved the old time feel of it all. The actors and director all did very well. I'll look forward to the next one!