Friday, October 23, 2009

Flu-Like Symptoms and Pumpkin-Flavored Candles

All this week Mike has been feeling not very well, and yesterday I finally convinced him to be sick and stay home. When I got home he was totally conked out, and he didn't wake up for two more hours. (Needless to say, I got a lot done.)
Unfortunately, while I was making him be sick so he could get better, I was ignoring the fact that I was getting a sore throat and feeling kinda shaky too. So I shouldn't have been surprised when I woke up this morning completely gross. My throat hurts, my body aches, and I have on-and-off headaches and dizziness. Mike still wasn't better, so we're having a sick day today.
On another note, I ran into a candle sale, and bought a couple more so I have options (until now I've lived with apple and vanilla, which are good, but getting old). So I bought one called "cotton" that smells like fresh laundry and deliciousness, and another one that's pumpkin spice. It smells like Christmas. :) I like it lots. :) It's the one burning right now so our apartment smells really nice.
I hate being sick. The thermostat is set to like, 69 or 70 degrees, and I'm still freezing. Good thing we decided to stay in bed all day. :)

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

We feel your pain -- Emily was fine when I left for Kansas City for the night with friends from my ward for a Time Out for Women thing but then Pat called me and she was sick all night friday night and is still feverish and missing the primary program today. I hope you and Mike both feel better now!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...that is NO FUN!!! Hope you are both feeling better now. If it is like the YUCK going around here it might last a week or more though. Hope you got a different YUCK! Luv Ya and LOVE PUMPKIN SPICE candels next to cinnamon they are my favorite! Hugs
MOM M

Mom W said...

sorry you kids have been sick! Hope you are lots better soon. We almost all had a turn with what you have. Sam hasn't. He keeps getting the pukes. I think I blame preschool. James hasn't either, but he broke his arm.

DIII was great. Centennial took third overall. Jason Katsma was a stud drum major - Carried the "dead Carmen" (a color guard) all the way off the field at the end of the show. Hannah will hate it when marching band is over.