Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween . . . more like Influenzaween . . .

We didn't exactly have Halloween at our house. We were GOING to be puzzle pieces and put a pumpkin in the window so we'd get trick-or-treaters and whatnot, but Mike was still sick. So instead, I made pizza and went to my temple shift by myself, and we ended up watching Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit and The Addams Family (the early 90's version with Angelica Huston and Raul Julia). It was quite fun.
Sunday I went to church by myself . . . but then I got to be the pianist for the primary program rehearsal. It was fun. All two of our primary kids were there, and they were so cute! There is another one, but he's been home for fear of the swine flu for the last few weeks (he's legit, not just paranoid).
Then I went home and made Chicken Divan and it was delicious. Mike's been asking for it for a few weeks now and I finally got around to making it. While we were eating, he was like, "If my mom knew that I'd been asking for broccoli, she might keel over!" But I think after he put tomatoes on his salad when we were in Seattle, there is no shock his family can't handle. :)
Probably the most amazing part of this weekend: I tried to wake up early this morning to do a bunch of homework that I remembered on Saturday but didn't want to do because a) I had a sick husband to spend time with and b) it was Halloween (that wasn't the best part). The best part was when I got up this morning and looked at my syllabi and realized the annotated bib for my 365 class is due NEXT monday, not today! I almost jumped for joy, but it was cold and I was huddling under a blanket. Life is good when your homework isn't due yet. :)
I was thinking about having a contest and having you all comment and tell me about your costumes/send pictures of them, and offering a prize for the most AWESOME costume ever, but I can't think of a prize. If you still want to send pictures or something, I might make the prize be a cameo on my next blog post or something. Maybe. I 'm just needing some Halloween entertainment. :)

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

I posted pictures of Anna and Emily's costumes on the family website. If you can get Uncle Jeff and Aunt Sarah and Aunt Cathy and your Mom to post pics too you'll have lots to choose from. Aunt Becky already has hers up to (and her dog as a skinny cow is soooo cute!)

We are Jared, Amy and Spencer. said...

Spencer was a cute pumpkin for the ward party and a snake on Halloween night (we inherited a bunch of toddler costumes from a family at church). Once I download some pictures I'll put them on my blog. Hope my sweet brother doesn't get you sick and hope he gets well soon.Love Ya, Amy

Mom W said...

hope Mike is feeling better soon! You guys work so hard.

Sadly, i have no Halloween pix of your brothers and sisters. I was in Logan with the marching band and Nobody at home has a camera. Sad. Very Sad. I could cry about it. but I won't. (you probably aren't interested in pix of the marching band kids in their costumes.)


Gosh, I love you! Mike, too!!