Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lactation Consultants and Baby Zits

We got our bill from the hospital today. It was rather a traumatic experience, but it was also the version before insurance, so no big.

One particular charge, however, I must rant about. Oh, most of them were very intense pain meds, but those I will not complain about. Oh, no, those were worth every penny. The lactation consultants, however, were not.

Those of you who read my previous baby-related posts have experienced mymini-ranting on the ridiculous amount of advice I received in regards to feeding my baby. The two lactation consultants who came into my room told me nothing that I hadn't already heard from ALL of my nurses. Their presence in my room totaled about three minutes and they basically just looked awkwardly at my breasts (one of them walked in on me while Katie was feeding). And their total on my itemized hospital bill was $70. Yeah. I won't expound.

In other news, I have a confession. This is particularly dedicated to those who had trouble with jealousy issues on the last one. Yes, it's true, my baby is not in every way perfect.

She has baby zits. Gross, pimply little whiteheads all over her face. Don't get me wrong, she's still the cutest thing since, well, ever. She just has a bunch of baby zits. That is my confession. Sigh . . .

3 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

Fortunately baby zits are survivable. :) I love you Brittany -- and I am so glad that you and Mike have your sweet Katie Lou. Thanks for posting and updating your family pic -- so cute!

Cynthia said...

Tell Mike I am sorry about the large ball of yarn attacking him in this picture.

Anonymous said...

The over abundance of poking and pruding and nurses giving advice, and then the bill...gotta love it! Drat those baby zits! Thankfully they don't last too long! Hugs, MomM