Monday, April 30, 2012

The Terrible News is No Longer Terrible (Sequel to previous post)

'member last week when I wrote that awful post about how awful my life was? Well, let me tell you something.

I was having a horrible few days without my camera. Katie decided to do everything cute and start posing fun all the time, and actually saying "cheese" when prompted (as opposed to the rest of the time we tell her to say "cheese" and she glares and says "NO!"). It was feeling sad and desperate.

Way-ell, I think Mike was starting to notice how sad and depressed I was without my camera. I love to take pictures (on occasion I'm actually rather good) and one of my great ambitions is to become a real photographer. So I tend to just click and click and click. We have hundreds, nay, THOUSANDS of pictures of Katie. (And a couple of them actually aren't blurry!)

So Saturday comes around, and I'd briefly talked to my sister Emma about using her camera for a while (they have like 6 at their house so she could probably share with Sarah or my dad if needed). However, before I have a chance to go get her camera, Mike comes up with a devious plan and sets it into motion! It turns out, he had a secret stash--quite literally in his sock drawer. Go figure?

He comes up and is like, "what if we replaced your camera?" And I'm like, "well, I guess I looked at some options. Costco and Best Buy have some $100 point-and-shoots that I could deal with." And he's like, "No way, woman. I'm talking better!"

Turns out, he researched some options also, and found this:COOLPIX L120
It's the Nikon Coolpix L120! And he found it at Costco for less than $200! Yay!

I know what you're thinking. That's not a real camera. And you're right. It's not. The kind of camera I'm hoping for someday is the kind that's up in the thousands, comes with different lenses, and should only be bought by real photographers who know how to use it (unlike me just yet). It's the kind of camera that will only come when Mike's a doctor and is like, "I stayed late and did one extra brain surgery today, so who wants to go to Europe? Also, Brittany, I got you this professional-grade camera."

Yeah, it's gonna be a few years before that happens. But right now, I have something better than a typical point-and-shoot that I can use to improve my skills--something I didn't think I would have for years! Woohoo!

Excuse me. I need to go play with my camera now. Bye!

3 comments:

Sara Passey said...

How can you write a post about getting a new camera and not include any pictures in it? Please follow up soon with adorable pictures of your family!

We are Jared, Amy and Spencer. said...

Hooray! Way to go Mike!

Anonymous said...

What a kind husband you have! I think he must love you bunches!