Sunday, June 8, 2008

Can I just say how much I love babies?

Yesterday, I went to a baby shower for Rebecca Sharp, my mother's cousin's wife. I was invited by my Great-Aunt Julia, and went with my Aunt Sarah (she's so awesome, I got to drive the mini-van :)
In the morning before the shower, I took the bus to American Fork because my cousin, Jessie, was having her eighth birthday party and Jeff and Sarah (my uncle and aunt) wouldn't be able to come get me from Provo. While I was there and Sarah was doing crowd control (besides Jessie and the swarm of little girls, they also have four boys, ages 2 to 10), I got to hold this little angel.
She was born on March 26. Her name is Sophie. Isn't she the most precious thing ever? This dress was the runner up to be her blessing dress. She was actually blessed in this really long dress with eyelet lace, but this one is pretty too. Oh my gosh, it was amazing. She smelled all yummy and had the hiccups, and I TOTALLY got the "baby-hungries", as my mama calls them. :)
The shower was great. I didn't know anybody besides Sarah, Aunt Julia, and a couple of my mom's cousins that I hadn't seen since...a long time ago. But we played all those great baby-shower games like guess that baby food flavor, the Price is Right with baby stuff, and we all had to cut a piece of pink yarn to guess how big around Rebecca's stomach was. I failed at all of them, as--in case none of you have noticed--I have never had a baby of my own ... :) I just sat there being the young, single, non-mommy there. It was fun.
Can I just say again how much I love babies ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am totally jealous that you got to hold Sophie. I can smell that yummy baby smell as I read your blog about it. I have to admit, I smiled when you said you got the baby hungries.