Sunday, June 15, 2008

I may have gotten home at 6:30 this morning...

Today was awesome. Church was great, life was great; I mean, it didn't even matter that I got home at 6:30 this morning. :)
Yes, I will tell the story of yesterday. Which was even more awesome.
It began when I got up at about 8:30 and began making food for a picnic. Mike came over and helped me get it together and in the fridge, and then we went to American Fork to go to my cousin's baptism (this cousin being Jessie, the older sister of baby Sophie). He met all of my mom's family (none of my immediate family was there), and Aunt Marlene talked to him for a half an hour about jeeping in the mountains before the food was ready. This was because I was in the kitchen making shishkabobs with Aunt Sarah :) It was way funny.
After the baptism, we took off back to Provo to change and get our stuff together, and then hit the road for St. George. We made chicken salad sandwiches (with pita bread), grapes, oranges, yogurt, vitamin water, and delicious other things, like...water.
We drove through the desert for like, three and a half hours (we made pretty good time, actually) and got to St. George at about 7:00 pm, where we walked around the temple and had our picnic sitting on the trunk of his car because the park was totally full of people. And I spilled stuff all over the ground because my pita broke. It was tragic.
After we ate and kind of goofed off, we drove out into the rocky desert to the Tuacahn Amphitheater, and saw Les Miserables! It was SO GOOD!!!! Oh my gosh, I loved it.
But there's more :)
When we bought the tickets online, there were only two left in the cheap seats section, and they were on the very very last row. When we get there, it turns out that we have ....drumroll please....the handicapped seating :) Yep, we were in the seats that have no armrests and are three feet apart from each other. Seriously. Mike was totally whining about not being able to sit next to me, and kept saying that we'd just wait until it started and then find some seats that hadn't been filled. What he forgot was that we had gotten the last seats...
Well, after a while--and after Mike had filled his whining quota--we were sitting there waiting for it to start, when the old couple next to us--in normal, close-to-each-other seats--asked if they could switch, because they both had replacement hips and such and needed to get in and out easily. Needless to say, Mike was all happy and holding my hand the entire time. It was pretty cute :)
The show was AMAZING. I was the only one in the area we were sitting in that knew the story at all (and I was mouthing the words along with practically all of the songs...:) so when intermission came, everybody around was like, "is it over?" and of course, at intermission the revolution hasn't even started and Cosette and Marius are just barely being separated, so if it had been the ending, it would have been the lamest ending in all of existence. I had to tell them all that it was only intermission so they would see the really awesome ending. And it was awesome, I assure you.
They ended the show with fireworks and such, since we were out in the red rock desert, but Mike and I kind of bolted at the end so we could get out before traffic. We watched the fireworks from the parking lot. :)
So we got out, and we were driving, and driving, and driving, and I was getting seriously tired. And I had told him that I would help him stay awake by staying awake with him, and it wasn't working. Soon enough, he was getting tired too, and neither of us felt safe to drive, so we pulled over at a rest stop, to get about a half hour of sleep, so we'd be awake enough to drive home. We wrapped ourselves in SEPARATE blankets with the ARM REST between us, and fell asleep.
I woke up really suddenly, and realized first that it was kind of cold. Then I looked over at Mike and noticed, past him, that the sun was coming over the mountains...
I kind of freaked out. I woke Mike up, he said "what?" then turned around and said "oh." We took off. It was 5:30 am. I was still wrapped in a blanket, but he was just driving for his life. We were both kind of freaked out that we had been asleep in the car in the middle of nowhere for three hours together, but I think we're okay. Can I just say that the fact that that happened and that Mike and I are still worthy and safe and alive means a lot? In fact, I think this one's a keeper :)
We got into Provo at about 6:30, and into my apartment at about 6:45. I was in bed by 7.
And then I woke up at 10:30 and took a shower to go to church at noon.
That is my story. Please don't judge. :P

2 comments:

Koey said...

Lol not judging, but feeling OH SO JEALOUS!!! You went to LEs Mis!!!! Ugh..I have...no words. Except that my heart is being torn out from green envy.

And might I add that it was most likely a very intelligent idea to stop and sleep rather than get killed in a fiery car crash. :)

Unknown said...

Ooo la la Britty. By the way that is the extent of my French. Yay Les Mis! Yay cute boy! Yay separate blankets!