Monday, December 8, 2008

Sssssshhhh, don't tell anybody. I'm at work right now.

But I got kicked out of my office. I'm totally bumming. I mean, I'm usually bumming when I have to work in the majors lab instead of my lovely corner office with a rolling chair and a window and my very own set of sticky notes...
But today it started snowing, hard. I'm totally psyched, and I don't even get to watch it. It's rather not very fun.
But in other news, this is the last Monday of classes until January. I'm perfectly thrilled. Thursday is the last day of classes, Friday and Saturday are reading days (they just started making Saturdays count as reading days--I think it's the worst idea ever. They should have given us Thursday) and then we have a week of finals--a week from Friday I'll be driving back to Boise to get married!!! Woo! I'm pretty excited.
I do have a lot to do though. I have a few papers due this week, mostly the big fat final papers that the profs want to have graded by next week, and then I have all written finals because I'm an English major and I'm awesome. The worse part of this is the Commonplace Book I have to write for my Brit Lit class on Thursday. I was supposed to be writing it all semester, but I only have six pages because I've been planning my wedding instead. :S I figure, once I get past the Commonplace Book, it'll be downhill. I'm not worried about any of my finals. Oh well.
Other Other news--all of campus is covered in Christmas decorations, all the stores and everything are playing Christmas music, and everything feels Christmas-y. Including my throat. I've totally got the Finals Week. (It's a known illness around here. Everybody gets sick over Finals Week). I just hope I get over it by the time I get married...it would not be fun to be sick on my wedding day...:S
Right now I'm working in the Stats Majors Lab, where everybody else in the room is speaking Math and doing huge assignments on Excel because they have to use Statistics to figure out the meaning of the universe. I, on the other hand, am worried about the African-American literature paper I'm about to hand in in a couple hours. I don't speak Math. I speak Literature Analysis. True.
Well, I probably ought to get back to Sidney Rigdon and his apostate musings about prayer and the Holy Ghost and Revelation (that he stopped believing in...). It's probably the most depressing thing of all. Sad.

No comments: