Friday, February 6, 2009

I got a 34% on my religion test last night!

Okay, so not really. I was just trying to get your attention. I did get a 34%, but it was the wrong test. :)
So Mike and I are taking Religion 234 together, which is the "LDS Marriage and Family" class, and we both LOVE it. We have an AWESOME teacher (Kent Brooks) and it's like, Tuesday nights are the funnest part of the week! (okay, not really. but it's pretty fun!) But anyways, we study together, and read all the material, and it's totally fun and we're learning a lot.
So last night we went together to take the first exam, and I was kind of sick, so I was kind of expecting Mike to do better just because I couldn't think straight. But when we got into the testing center, Mike zipped through it and had to wait for me, and I didn't recognize anything! We've been talking about covenants and the character of God and that kind of thing, but my test was all about dating and finding the right person. I didn't know any of the answers, because it was all quotes from different apostles, but I thought I had guessed right.
So we went outside, and Mike got a 98%, and I got a 34%. I almost died. I've never failed anything in my life! I even got 70%'s in American Heritage! I was seriously depressed, and cried, and was all cranky and sad, because I'd had a really bad day and was sick AND (I thought) had failed a test for the first time in my life!
But while we were walking home, Mike brought up some of the questions, and he said something about the Abrahamic covenant, and I was like, wait a second...
Anyways, we figured out that I had gotten the test that was for the next exam, so we emailed Professor Brooks, and now I'm going to go take it for reals after French tonight.
Haven't I just brightened your life a little bit by making you count your blessings? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You must have been totally bummed. But we all know you are way too smart to have gotten a 34 on any test! Glad you figured out the problem before too much anixiety set in!!!