Monday, February 9, 2009

I invented a new recipe last night! Try it out and comment! Or something!

So yesterday was Sunday, and I have this rule that I always want to make a nice hot meal on Sunday nights, just because I love to cook and I never get a chance during the week. But Saturday night was the adult session of Stake Conference, so we were in a hurry before, and I didn't think about what I was going to make until it was too late to go to the store. So I had to experiment.
So I pulled out my little crock pot that afternoon and just started throwing stuff in. I didn't measure--I made some amounts up when I wrote down the recipe, but they're SO imprecise. :) Here's what I used:
2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
several generous quirts of ranch dressing
a couple of splashes of lemon juice
about 1/3 package of cream cheese
some generous sprinkling of onion flakes
a pinch each of poppy seed and cumin
maybe 2? Tbsp of butter/margarine or whatever we had
I cooked that for a long time until the chicken was cooked and it was all hot and bubbly, then added about 4 stalks of celery and 1 big carrot, chopped up, then cooked it some more until it was all hot and the vegetables were slightly tender, then served it over noodles. I gave Mike the option of rice or noodles, and he said noodles. But I guess you could try it over rice.
So, any of you that like cooking and/or have a crockpot, you should try this out and see what you think or if there are any adjustments that should be made. This was totally me just pulling everything out of my fridge and dumping in the things I thought sounded good. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you are just showing your hale heritage. neither your grandma or great-grandma use recipes very often. :-)