Monday, July 20, 2009

HOLY BANANAS! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

So, remember that one time when I told you that my fabulous husband was secretly selling textbooks on Amazon to get money for my birthday? Well, it worked. Holy bananas.
So, Friday after dinner, we had the cake that Mike had made the night before (delicious, by the way. Good job, baby!) and then he made me open all my presents, and he got me Monsters, Inc, (yay!), a new scrubby for the sink (double yay!), a big bag of Skittles, and a cute pearl bracelet that matches the necklace he got me last year (I've worn it the last couple of days because it's awesome :). Well, after that, I was all, "Wow! You're so sweet and amazing!" and I totally thought that was it. In fact, I probably would have been completely happy and satisfied with that. BUT. Then he got all sheepish and admitted that that's not the reason he was selling textbooks. And asked me to help him move the bed so we could get my last present out. (!!!) What's a girl supposed to think after hearing that? I kind of flipped.
HE GOT ME A KEYBOARD!!!!!!!!!! Yeah, I don't know how long the excited squealing lasted. I'm pretty sure I was glowing for a while. It's just funny, because he hid it in the little space between our headboard and the wall, and I'm pretty sure I noticed it a couple of times when looking under the bed for other things, and just never even thought about it. In fact, before it was wrapped, he just piled blankets on it, and I just assumed he'd moved them there because it was so hot and he wanted them out of the way. Can you say space cadet? Turns out Mike's really good at surprising me. It was also kind of funny, because my fabulous in-laws sent me piano music for my birthday, and I was excited, but it made a lot more sense when I found out about the keyboard. Turns out he'd told everybody but me. Even my dad called that night because my mom had told him that I was getting a keyboard and he wanted to talk to Mike about what kind he got me, etc. Either way, it was a fabulous birthday and everything was perfect.
I have the best husband in the entire universe. :)

4 comments:

Aunt Jennifer said...

OOOOO -- he did good! I'm glad you had a great birthday!

The Ransoms said...

HOLY GUERNSEY COW--you just might have the best husband....or atleast the most thoughtful! YAY it sounds like your birthday was fabulous--o!

Mom said...

wish i could have seen the look on your face! Way to go, MIke! We all knew you got a great man.

Anonymous said...

Glad he could pull it off. You sound like a tough girl to sneak anything by!!! Sounds like a great B-Day!!! Megan