Friday, July 31, 2009

Oh no! There's nobody here!

This week the Department of Statistics has been drained of its population. Why? Because of the American Statistical Association's (ASA's) Joint Statistical Meetings in Washington, D.C. Thus, the only people here for the next few days are the secretaries . . . and Dr. Collings because he's still teaching 221 this summer.

The point of this story is to illustrate the fact that I have not been doing anything, really. But do you want to hear something crazy? My computer got hacked! I don't even know what happened. Greg (our CSR) says that I must have clicked on something I shouldn't, but I don't know what it was. Ruth said it might have been something that looked like updates and I didn't recognize the difference, but my computer got virus thwacked. It's bad.

So . . . the only reason I'm on the computer now is because Noelle is in Yellowstone, and I'm using hers. They had to rebuild my computer from scratch, and I don't think I'll have it until Monday morning. Ew.

But I'm rather bored. I made bread last weekend, but I need to blog about that later because I have pictures. It will be fun. :)

2 comments:

Mom said...

so do you have your computer back yet? HOw bad was it? Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm up early and remembered you have a blog!!! Sorry about the virus striking. NO FUN!
It will be fun to see you in a week! Megan