Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I need to brag about my fabulous husband.

So, the last couple of weeks, I've been wrastling with the financial aid office, trying to get reimbursed for what I could have had in the last school year, so we'll have money to pay for Michael's tuition because this year's grants won't come until after tuition is due . . . moral of the story, I was on the bank account looking to see if it had been deposited, and I noticed something a little bit strange. We had a credit for over a hundred dollars from Amazon.com. I was a little weirded out by strange money coming into our account, so of course I queried Michael about it.

After looking quite sheepish for a few seconds, he confessed that for the last couple of months (months!) he's been secretly selling his old textbooks on Amazon so he'll have more money to spend on my birthday. Who does that?!?!?!? You know how he gets off an hour earlier than I do on Thursdays, and goes to work an hour before me on Mon, Wed, Fri? (I knew you didn't, that's why I told you) well, he's been secretly using that time to send books to people! Holy bananas!

So, I just thought I'd brag a little bit. I think it's the most romantic thing in the world. I mean, I still think he's going a little crazy with making my birthday all huge, but I think it's so sweet that he's been planning this and being all responsible so he's not just breaking my budget.

Happy. :)

3 comments:

Rachel Ann said...

Brittany... that is SOOO cute. The cutest thing I've heard in a long time that wasn't out of a book actually. So happy. I hope you are doing well. Not much longer! Loves!

Aunt Jennifer said...

Okay, now y'all are going all "Gift of the Magi"-ish on me and I'm all "yea, Brittany got a good hubby" and teary eyed. So don't stop. :)

We are Jared, Amy and Spencer. said...

Mike is good at suprises! I'm glad he is so thoughtful! Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!