Monday, November 16, 2009

I am about to be rebellious. Muaha.

Tonight, I believe our family home evening activity is going to be decorating the apartment for Christmas. Now, I know what you're saying. It's not even after Thanksgiving, right? We shouldn't even be thinking about Christmas carols yet, right? Well, let me ask you this: what would you rather celebrate, the birth of the Savior of the World, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, or some indignant Calvinists who took a boat over to the Americas and thanked the Indians for teaching them how to plant corn before promptly killing them all off with smallpox and bayonets? Hmmm? Besides, neither of them actually happened on the days we're celebrating anyways!
I'm decorating for Christmas. Now. So there.
So, I'm writing this long paper for my 314 class (see the very scrambled post before this one), and I have been under the distinct impression all semester that it was due the monday before Thanksgiving. So I was planning and drafting accordingly. Let me tell you now, I was wrong. Last Friday, my professor gave out a revised version of the syllabus with new dates on it, because she had to move the due date. It is now the Monday after Thanksgiving. But it was moved from this Wednesday, November 18. If she had not changed the due date, I would be sitting in a very unfortuante position right now. Let me tell you, I'm very, very grateful for the syllabus change.
Funny story #2: For this aforementioned 314 class, most of the class periods for the last few weeks have been cancelled, to give us extra research and writing time. This class is from 12-1 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Well, after all this time, I just barely found out that Mike's 12-1, MWF class was first block, which means it got over two or three weeks ago, and he's had a free hour since then. We've just been hanging out, eating lunch and studying on campus, not knowing the other was doing the same. Isn't that just plain ridiculous?
Oh well. I hope that makes up for my insanely confusing post about weird literary theories. 'Tis the season, after all. :) 39 days until Christmas!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gotta hold to Fall until Thanksgiving then let the Christmas spirit reign!!! Hugs Mom M BTW Christmas gift ideas would be VERY much appreciated! HInt Hint

Mom said...

I usually agree with Megan. But this year I am totally feeling the christmas thing (without any thought of the calvinist murderers) and I think the difference is Nutcracker. Maybe I just agree that we need more Christ. Not really sure why. go for it Brittany. Besides, you will be out of town and not enjoying your own decor for as long as if you stayed home.

Sarah Lita said...

i think that we need to decorated for christmas now too. i think i am extremely sad you're not coming to nutcracker though.