Friday, April 18, 2008

The land of the FINALS!!!! (aaaaaarrrrrgggghhh!!!!)

Well, folks, it's that time again. I am currently selling my soul to the gods of final examinations. I am probably committing suicide by taking a break to write this post for you all. I'm being completely serious.
Ah, who am I kidding? Sorry to burst your bubbles, kids, but all of my finals are going to be no sweat. Not even kidding. Maybe that's the side effect of being an English major. I wrote like eight papers a week for the last few weeks, and you can't really have a final exam in classes where all you do is write...all you can do is write some more, and most of my professors are too lazy to want more essays to grade. Although (hurray points right here) my honors writing professor, Kerry, is madly in love with me and has given me A's on all my papers so far, which is rare, because she's brutal. Really. But we're friends, yo. And I've decided what to write my gigantic research paper on (it's not due 'till Tuesday, mom, so don't panic). You ready for this? Final Exams. Or Term papers, you guys can decide. They're both short pages. Seriously. I'm going to do it.
My roommate just got home from taking her Humanities of Asia final. She spent all of yesterday listening to weird Samisyen music and reading about Japanese history. Thus to escape it, I fled to Nicole's, where we watched the new episode of The Office. Then Nathan found that I never watched much TV before college and that I still only watch American Idol, and decided that while he was on his mission next fall, Nicole would have to catch me up on The Office, Supernatural, and all of the Shamelan movies. (We watched The Village last night as a pilot for me--way good movie). Anyways: catch up on me-since I haven't actually given a real update on my status in life, I thought I would give it now.
Currently: no boys. Heather still has this major crush on this guy that was in her Family Financing class and will be here for spring semester (just like us...go figure) but she's too much of a coward to invite him to hang out with her, or even call him at all for that matter. The chicken.
Jessica has this new...boyfriend...that is leaving on his mission in a month, but just started dating her, and kissed her the other night. Whoah.
In other news, all of my finals are going to happen next week. They are all scheduled in a classroom with the professor (again with the English major writing dilemma) except for New Testament, which I can take whenever but I am SO not ready. I may actually procrastinate it until next Wednesday morning. It's going to happen. After that, I pack, clean, pack, clean, and clean some more. Starting Thursday, the spring semester schedule begins at work. Do you know what that means? It means that I work the breakfast shift at the MTC every morning, which starts at 6:30 a.m. Every single morning. Every single one. It means that two days a week (Sunday and Tuesday) I will get to sleep past 5:30. Gross.
This also means that my living arrangements will change slightly. My new address, as of 5:00 p.m. on April 26, will be: 1894 N 40 W #53, Provo Ut 84604. We're on the top floor, in the building closest to campus but farthest from the bus stop. Ew. I think I'm going to get better at Jaywalking. Sorry, guys.

No comments: