Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Fromage, American Idol, and crazy killer dance parties

So I wore my "Fromage" shirt this morning to class. When I wear that shirt to my French class, I get really hyper and make all kinds of crazy jokes in French, which my friend Ashley understands because she had five years in high school. As a result of this, she can understand all French, but she can't speak it. Whereas I can speak French like crazy but get seriously confused sometimes when Monsieur Young expects me to understand, just because I'm better at French than some of the other kids in my class. He tries to joke with me, but it kind of...um...dies. Because I don't understand some of his crazy words. It's gross.
Yeah, so American Idol tonight. That David Archuleta. Hmmm. And Jason Castro did really well. I thought he was awesome. But Simon was really really mean tonight. I'm kind of glad that Ryan kind of made fun of him. It was great.
Tonight after American Idol, I went to the birthday dance party of my friend Jacob who, crazy story, we all went to EFY in Rexburg with in 2004! Weird, huh? (Well, Me, Lexi, Anne, Amy, Teal, and Melissa) Those that went, remember that kid from way up in Northern Idaho that had a really huge crush on me? Well, Jacob was his friend that was always behind him not talking to me. And we just discovered this, and Jacob's like one of my best friends now. It's totally funny. And he got his call to Jacksonville Florida the other week, and leaves the end of June. It's pretty cool.
But the dance party was cool. The only people I knew there were....Jacob. And his sister, who I met there, and who didn't know anybody else either. And we danced like crazy people. It was AWESOME.
That's all that has happened today. I love you all. I kind of feel like writing a poem.

The flakes fall
The storm swirls ahead of me
I cannot see my hands, they freeze
I'm sure they're some blue color that
Should not be part of the
Human body

I remember the time
When it was almost spring
I remember the green
That had taunted me
Into believing what could not be true

I run faster
Trying to escape the cold that
Is faster than I am
And it is ahead of me
All I do is run into it
I cannot escape it

The people around me stare
At the frozen, slippery ground
My face has lost feeling
As has the gray, forbidden sky
The cold pierces my insides
I run and run faster and faster

Suddenly, the ice wins the battle
I fall to my knees, my hands catch me
But I cannot feel pain
The cold beats it out of me
And replaces it with fear
That I will never get home
That the cold will overcome me

But I cannot lose

So, I'm going to title it, "Freak snow storm while I'm walking home from school in capris and flip-flops". Fitting title, eh? I hate Utah. So much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how can you hate Utah when you are having such an awesome time? Maybe you just aren't a snow bunny. I love you, Brit.