Monday, April 14, 2008

My presentation.

Today I gave my oral presentation in my French class. I was awesome, because I'm pretty good at speaking French (I'm not trying to be cocky, I had to be awesome to make up for the oral exam I totally BOMBED last Friday. I'm not even kidding). I will give it for you.
[Translated from really AWESOME French]
"I don't have any cool vacations that I can talk about in French, so I'm going to talk about my roommate, Heather. She's a very...interesting girl. She is a dietetics major, but eats a lot of rather unhealthy things. She loves going on dates, but she never goes out unless i find a guy and go with them. She's a little weird. ("elle est un peu bizarre...")
She's really nice, though. When I was sick, she took care of me, and when it was Jessica's birthday, Heather threw a party. She's awesome.
The strangest story about Heather and me, however, is when we killed Heath Ledger.
Four months ago, Heather and I were talking about life after death, and she was wondering where people who weren't members of the church were going to go before the Second Coming. It was really interesting, but really late, too, so we went to bed.
The next day, at work, my friend Nicole told us about her dream. In this dream, she was in a field with Heath Ledger. Suddenly, it began to rain fire, so they ran to the mall. In the mall, however, they were kidnapped by Buddhists who tried to force them to convert to Buddhism, but they escaped. Once outside, Heath began to howl and rip his clothing and grow fur, and quickly became a werewolf!!! Gah!!! Then Nicole woke up.
We didn't think much of it until we went home and saw on our computers that Heath Ledger had died. Now we think that we killed him. It's mighty sad.

Anyways, that's my presentation. In other news, I'm madly in love with the movie "Les Choristes". Yes, it's in French, but it's super good. You English-speakers can put on English subtitles, but I love it. Such a good movie. It's kind of cliched, about a reform school that gets turned into a boys' choir, but it's super good, and everything is better in French. :) I went and bought the soundtrack.
Also--I can't believe Michael Johns got kicked off of American Idol! I may just have an aneurysm and die now! *crying* Much sadness. Well, today is my last full day of classes, tomorrow I only have French, and finals start on Friday. Killer.
Note: I will post pictures of my haircut soon. I got this really awesome dress last week to commemorate the fact that I have to stay at school for another two months--whose idea was it to stay for spring again?--so I'll pose and post some awesome pictures. It'll be great.

No comments: