Saturday, April 11, 2009

I have WAY too much influence over my husband.

Tonight I'm finishing my Shakespeare paper. As many of you know, I'm quite a feminist, and this paper is dealing with how Portia is a reflection of Elizabeth I's effect on Britain as a female monarch. Okay, fine, I told you. 
But here's the funny part. 
Michael, while I pore over feminist literature and write mind-bogglingly brilliant sentences, is dying of boredom, not having me to entertain him. So he ate some Easter chocolate, prepared his lesson for Sunday School tomorrow (he's teaching a class about teaching...) and still was left Brittany-less. Thus, he turns to the cheapy games that came on his laptop, such as Solitaire and the Penguin game. 
But tonight he's playing something different. It's some weird game where you dress up funny and fight skeletons with your pet unicorn. And you can make your character look like John Lennon. It's awesome. 
Guess what Mike named his character when he started playing tonight? That's right. Portia the Glorious. And the unicorn's name is Bassanio, the wimpy. Seriously. The unicorn runs away when you start fighting stuff. Very appropriate. 
TO CLARIFY: Michael is not becoming a video game junky. That was his past life. This is more like a mode of keeping him entertained so I can finish my paper in a timely and intelligent manner without his comments. Just thought I'd make sure you knew that. 
I just love how much influence I have over him. Muaha. 

2 comments:

The Ransoms said...

that is so uh-mazing! Haha and my verification word for this comment is andink! bahahaha

mom said...

please tell Mike that he is a wonderful, patient, celestial being. We love him for loving you so much, you Shakespeare-crazed girlie.