Monday, April 20, 2009

Just Kidding!

I'm not actually done. I came to work today at 8 because it's finals week and everyone's schedules are crazy, but I'm the only one here all morning until 2. And I've only been here for a little over an hour and I'm already really bored. Kathi's fun, but she's in her office doing busy things, and I'm out here at the front desk and the entire building is empty...nobody's on campus anymore...
But finals week is going well. Mike and I both took our religion finals on Friday (we're in the same class) and he scored higher than me (of course!) by one question. I'm not complaining, I got a 94%, and he got 96%. I was surprised at our test. I thought it would be harder. But that's what I loved about that class. It was technically called LDS Marriage and Family, but Br. Brooks understood that in order to have a good marriage and family, we need to simply have a deeper understanding of gospel principles. So we talked about all kinds of different things, not just the Family Proclamation, foreordained roles of women and men, parenthood, and dating and such. The test was really testing how well we had understood the gospel principles that were taught. It was awesome.
I only have three more things to do for this semester. I have my CHUM portfolio due on Wednesday, (see Mac Lab entry :) and then my French 201 final is on Wednesday (the last day of finals) from 8-11 pm (we'll be there even later than the testing center--they close at 10). So my French final will be the very last of all finals on campus. i'm being serious. My Brit Lit final isn't due until friday, but that's because it's a take home essay final, not very huge, and he wanted us to have the most time possible. And grades aren't due until next week, so we have until Friday. I'm perfectly okay with that.
Mike's finals are stressing him out like crazy. He's doing pretty well so far, having gotten 96 in religion, as I said, and on Saturday he went and took his Physics 105 final and came back grinning, saying that something happened that had never happened for him at BYU before. He completely aced it. 100% in Physics 105. Gross. What did I think I was doing, marrying a genius ? ;) He's going to take Nutrition today, which he's a little nervous for, so it's a good thing I'm working for six hours so he'll have time to study his bum off before he goes. But he'll be great. I know he will be. He just finds this strange kind of masochistic pleasure in making himself unnecessarily anxious over everything.
I don't know what else to write about. My life is kind of boring for the next week. Friday I'll be here at 8 again to help with the Graduation open house for the department. Other than that, I'm just working, writing stuff, etc. Nothing huge.
Maybe I'll make a pie. Mmmmm...

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh, am I ever having flashbacks! I used to just go to work so Dad could disappear into the library for 8 - 10 hours. He would stress like crazy and claim to have flunked everything and then come out with straight A's. Sheesh. Every quarter. Really. I just know Mike is going to be awesome because you too are perfect together that way. Wow!