Friday, October 3, 2008

Mike and I went to Boise this last weekend.

And I found my dress!!!! Totally. It's beautiful. And mom's going to make it for me. (Yay!!!) I'm not going to post a picture...because...well...that just "isn't done!" :)
I AM going to tell you a great story though. Or two. I've got some great ones.
Story #1-
The lady who's doing my wedding cake is a friend from the home ward with whom I've sung in many choirs, and she's the sweetest lady ever. When my mom first asked her about doing my cake, she offered to make a practice one so that we could taste it. I expected it to be this little six-inch deal with a little bit of ribbon stuck on it. This is what she made for us, as a "congratulations" :...Except she didn't give me the cute boy. I already had that one. :)
So we totally ate wedding cake on our one month anniversary of being engaged (we're not totally looking for excuses to celebrate, what are you talking about? ;) and it was magically delicious. You guys should all come to my reception because the sheet cakes will be the same flavor. Mmmm, white cake with raspberry filling...mmmmmm......
Speaking of the aforementioned anniversary, something else happened.
Story #2- *FLASHBACK TO BOISE TRIP* Michael may have casually mentioned that I didn't have a vase, so my mom gave me one of hers. *FLASH FORWARD AGAIN*
So, he picks me up from class and on the front seat are one dozen fresh red roses. I KNOW! Man, I love this guy. They are BEAUTIFUL.
This would be the point where you all writhe with jealousy. Thank you.
I'm just kidding...sort of...
Hey, that's the story. I don't really have any other crazy news, except that I think I'm losing my mind with this whole lots of things to do business...but what else is new? Honestly.

No comments: