Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

I am going to give a full description of my entire weekend. It was pretty fantastic.

Thursday we watched "Taken." I'm not so sure that was a good idea. Liam Neeson is a great actor, don't get me wrong, but I'm easily creeped out, and it was pretty creepy. And it got over, and we were both like, "what is this supposed to teach children? That it's okay to kill as many people, innocent and otherwise, as you want, just to make sure that your own immediate family is okay?" Seriously.

Friday, I made real dinner. Really. Chicken and peas in a cream sauce over rice. It was really tasty. I'm already hungry for it again. Aw, man . . .

Then we used our last free red box rental to get "Paul Blart Mall Cop." Holy cow. That movie was so hilarious. And it was rated PG! Mike and I laughed SO MUCH. I don't know. It was probably really dumb and we were just tired late at night. Oh well. I still liked it a lot. :)

Saturday was a good day. After sleeping in (a lot! It was beautiful!) we went to the park and ate lunch (including yummy pie) and threw a frisbee around. It was awesome! I'm a much better frisbee-thrower than Michael . . . sometimes . . . when the wind is blowing in his direction . . .

After that we went to the temple. Which = awesome. It was amazing. As always. :)

And that night, after we had not real dinner (it's not an every single night kind of thing for me, okay?) I randomly started reading The Princess Bride to Michael, including all of Goldman's ramblings, which I happen to think are hilarious. Well, long story short, he got completely sucked in, because he's never read the book before. So I kept reading, and he took a couple of turns, and I kept reading . . . until like 2 in the morning. Right after Westley and Inigo dueled, the two greatest swordsman since the Wizard of Corsica. It was epic.

Needless to say, we were a bit tired the next morning and didn't wake up in time to go to choir practice. But we did, however, wake up with enough time to look pretty AND get to church in time to warm up and play twenty minutes of prelude. (I was the organist yesterday). And I am so grateful for generic topics like Provident Living where I can choose easy, familiar hymns like "Did you think to pray?" and "I Need Thee Every Hour" and they still match. It went very smoothly, thank you, even if it didn't sound necessarily good . . .

Well, that afternoon, Mike and I totally fell asleep at like 4:30, right after we'd had lunch and stuff, and didn't wake up until 8. Not on purpose. So it was a seriously good thing we didn't have school yesterday, because we were up kind of late. You know how if you let your toddler have a dinnertime nap he never goes to bed eVER AGAIN? Well, it's the same thing with college students. So we played Sorry and Uno and stuff instead of sleeping that night.

And slept in LIKE CRAZY yesterday. But then we woke up and I did Pilates and Michael tried (he thinks I have killer abs--I'm just slightly more flexible than mr. ultra-non-flexible). And then we had pancakes and orange julius and took a shower and I cut my hair (okay, I didn't actually cut my hair. The salonist did) and it's super short and super cute. I think I'll put the pictures up when I get home this afternoon. So then, I came home and Mike and I ate and read some more Princess Bride and then we walked all the way around Wymount. We just wanted to get out of the house, and sort of thought of finding the sand volleyball pits, because we'd heard all about them, but never seen them. So we walked, for a long time, all the way around the entire complex, and do you know what? The sand volleyball pit is directly next to our laundromat. We can see it from our front window. That's embarassing . . .

So anyways, then we decided to go goofy golfing. And I TOTALLY skunked Michael. Okay, not really. He kind of skunked me. But I came close a couple of times. I got some really good scores. It's just that he got a hole in one in the almost last one. It was totally gross. Then we went home and I made banana bread and we had family home evening. It was a good night. I kind of had a headache (I don't think I drank enough water) so I slept like a rock and it was hard to wake up this morning. But I did, and it's a beautiful day outside. Happy Tuesday!

No comments: