Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What a beautiful day! It's summertime!

Today after my class (which I was completely prepared for . . . for a change) I realized that I'd forgotten my water bottle, so I walked home in the sunshine to get it. (I have a two hour break between class and work on Mon, Wed, Fri). After that, I sat on the grass underneath a shady tree and ate my lunch. Mike came to visit and eat his lunch, but his break from work is only 15 minutes. So I was by myself for a while. I tried to do the crossword puzzle, but I haven't mastered Wednesday yet. Mike and I can do Monday and Tuesday puzzles easy, but we're still working up to Wednesday. So I watched people. It seems that springtime has enveloped the campus, and even the cranky people (whom I know are cranky -- I am a frequent people-watcher) have a happy sort of glow around their cranky-ness. Professors even laugh with as they're scurrying from building to building. And any random passer-by is subject to be hit by a speeding byciclist. And everybody is wearing shorts and either tan or sunburned. Me, I take the sunburned part. That's why I was sitting under a tree. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brittany,
Okay I don't know why but I totally spaced out that you have a blog. (Blogs just haven't become part of me yet.) Then I was missing you guys and all the sudden remembered your blog. So I've been sitting here reading day after day! It was FUN! Thanks for sharing! And Yes we would LOVE to have you and Mike come spend time with us in August!