Thursday, May 7, 2009

There are ten minutes left at work.

Ruth went to a meeting and now I'm just waiting for noon because I have nothing to do. Well, I guess I could like, wipe stuff and lock my files, but that's not very exciting, so I thought I'd write on my blog.
A couple minutes ago, Elisa, Kayla and I were all talking about girls who try to hit on our husbands, and when I told them that sometimes I refer to Mike's ring as "girl repellant" they thought it was funny. Apparently, we all married very attractive men and women in Provo sometimes forget to check for a ring before they make fools of themselves and start hair-flipping and arm-brushing. It's kind of funny.
I'm listening right now to a song called "Moi...Lolita" by Alizee. It's in French, but it's super awesome dance music. I find myself bouncing and spinning in my office chair when I'm listening to it.
I have to go to my film class in 20 minutes. We're going to finish the Innocents today, which is the movie about the governess and the ghosts and the creepy possessed children. I already know the ending, because I read the book, but it's still interesting to see what Deborah Kerr is going to do at the end. She seemed a little over-affectionate with her charges . . .
Today when we were walking to school, it was like 7:30 but I wasn't wearing a jacket. Granted, it was crisp because the sun doesn't come over the mountains and hit our apartment complex until like 9, but the point is that I wasn't freezing. It was quite nice, actually.
Tonight I'm taking dinner to a friend in our ward who was recently released from being Relief Society President because she just had a baby (that's why I'm taking dinner to her). It's actually a kind of funny story. About a month ago, we had a baby shower for her and another sister who were both having babies at the same time (but Brittany hasn't had her baby yet). And Jennifer (the sister I'm taking dinner to) got a ton of cute little pink girly stuff and frills and whatnot. But then, on Sunday, the Bishop announced that the Rockwood baby had been born, the one that was supposed to be Katarina, but it was a boy! She got caught completely by surprise! And not only was Aladis born (I kind of thought it was a girly name) but he was 11 lbs., 6 oz! That's HUGE!
Oh, I've got to go to class. But I'm making Jenny enchiladas, in case anyone was wondering. Peace out!

1 comment:

Mom said...

James' teacher had an 11 pound baby and now at 3 months old he is giant! Good luck to your friend's back. Whew!
I love you!